Monday, October 27, 2008

Bat Boy

Oliver informed me that he wanted to be the "Dark Knight" for Halloween. He complained that his banana costume is humiliating and too "girly". I told him that if he gets out of here by Friday, I'd see what I could do. In the meantime he is sporting his seasonal socks and pumpkin hat from Aunt Rachel.

We are weaning him off oxygen. So far so good. His incision is better, and overall he looks spectacular. The doctors want to make sure his lungs are clear and dry before we can go. They are monitoring this through daily x-rays.

I am thrilled to report that not only did I get a window bed, we have our own room!

3 comments:

April said...

God is so good - I love how He answers above & beyond!!!! Rest well. Your Alaska family is still praying for you all. Love you.

Unknown said...

I am so glad Oliver is doing well! We continue to pray. We love you all. Enjoy that big ol' room. Let us know if you need anything!

The Smith's said...

Yea for single rooms, yea for getting rid of oxygen and yea for bat babies! We continue to pray for God to give you great strength and peace during your hospital stay. Hurry home, Mr. Oliver!

The Smith's