Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, October 20th

Happy 3rd Birthday Isaac Owen Showell (a.k.a. "Hurricane Ike")!

Last night was miserable for me. Our roommate Eduardo, a two-year-old on dialysis, didn't appreciate the nurses fussing with him all night long. As soon as he'd settle back down to sleep, a nurse would come back for more vitals. I felt sorry for the little guy.

To make matters worse, I slept by the door. Apparently my bed is about a centimeter too long, so every time the door opened, it slammed into my bed. Tonight I'm going to block the door completely shut, so Eduardo and I can get a better night's sleep.

We will probably go home tomorrow! Oliver's chest is still quite congested, but the staff thinks it will clear up.

Act 1: "Mother of Invention" from This American Life was about Down Syndrome. Very thought provoking for me...

http://thislife.org/Radio_Episode.aspx?sched=1265

1 comment:

Jessy said...

Wow! That is great progress toward coming home. Thanks for keeping us posted... Jessy (Dan,Emma, and Grace)