Friday, October 24, 2008

October 23rd

Oliver is off the CPAP machine! His lung is no longer collapsed, and the excess fluid is gone. The doctors will monitor his oxygen levels to see if he can manage without the machine. Hopefully we will move out of ICU today or tomorrow.

Today I woke up to the delightful sounds of children. It seemed like a normal morning at our "Tukwila Chicken Ranch": dad's pancakes, the smoke detector beeping when we took showers, and Alex and Isaac dancing. I felt a twinge of sadness that Oliver wasn't home to join in the madness.

Our goal is to find the kitchen table today. We've suspect that it is still in the kitchen under about 6 loads of clean laundry. I'll keep you posted.

Eric has the kids for the day and will join me here at the hospital this afternoon for family swim. Meanwhile Oliver and I are learning all sorts of fun recipes from the Food Network Channel.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Good news. I am so thankful. Give Ollie a kiss from me and tell him to keep up the good work! We love you.

Anonymous said...

you know its October 24th right?