Saturday, November 22, 2008

Getting Sleepy

Oliver still sounds bad, but he looks a lot better! Apparently I looked bored this morning, so the nurse put me to work. I gave Oliver a bath, which is a tricky task considering he is attached to oxygen, a feeding tube, and an IV. After he was clean, I re-taped all his facial tubing and put on new chest leads. The nurse who check my work was impressed. I've included a video of Oliver from a few minutes ago, so all can see my handiwork! (Isn't he an adorable baby?)

The hospital suggests that Oliver get a G-tube--a tube that goes directly to the stomach. This is a surgical procedure that will involve us coming back to the hospital yet again. When I asked the doctor this morning what she thought, she told me about her son who has had heart condition, a tracheotomy and an NG tube. Her perspective as a doctor and a mom was comforting. I am so pleased with the Swedish Hospital staff.


3 comments:

April said...

Sarah - Thank you for the updates. What a sweet, sweet little guy. Thank you for the video, it just made him so much "more real" to see him move & not just looking at still photos. I hope you are all able to be home for Thanksgiving. We're praying for you all.

Margie said...

That is the sweetest video I've seen in a long time. Thank you so much for posting it.

Sean and Rachel Kerrigan said...

Such a sweet baby! Thanks for the video:)