Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Another Belly Button for Oliver!

Okay, Okay. I give up! The G-tube is going in on Friday. Ollie and I met with the surgeon today, and we are good to go.

I called Oliver's pediatrician this morning. She said that since Oliver just can't manage to gain weight with all we've done so far, the G-tube is the logical next step. Since we have her blessing, we think this is the best option.

Best case scenario is that we'd be out of the hospital on Sunday evening. Even Oliver giggled when the surgeon mentioned that. I am hoping we are out by Christmas Eve to celebrate with my extended family.


2 comments:

Skip Stocks said...

Prayin' for you guys! Josie & Jessica join me in sending hugs. Thanks for the updates!

The Smith's said...

I think the blessing in this (for Oliver especially) is no more irritating tube down his throat! Hopefully he'll be a little more open to bottle-feeding. I know surgery is never fun, but hopefully he'll be home before santa comes!

Will this be at Children's or at Swedish?

Praying for you!
Jesse