Monday, December 1, 2008

The 12 Days of Swedish (Hospital)

On the first day of Swedish my True Love said to me, "I'll see you in a day, or two, or three." Little did we know that we'd be here 12 1/2 days later!

The doctor just updated me on the sleep study results. Oliver doesn't appear to have apnea. She thinks he still needs oxygen because his lungs are still recovering from the RSV. It is, however, rather discouraging to keep posting, "Oliver is doing great, but we are still here," so tomorrow I'm going to write absurd fictional posts.

I did have a great day today! Susan, my roommate from Children's Hospital, and I chatted about the joys of G-tubes over breakfast. Our conversation about suctioning traechs and stomach surgery probably grossed out the other diners, but it was entertaining for me!

Alex, Isaac and I had dinner together and then saw the Gingerbread House display at the Downtown Sheraton Hotel. Meanwhile Eric and his World Vision team served dinner to the Seattle street kids at New Horizons. (Eric and I met 7 1/2 years ago at New Horizons!)

It is nearly 11 p.m. and I'm off to sleep in my cot. Visions of my pillow top mattress and down pillows dance in my head.

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Hi Sarah, Thinking of you all and praying that lucky day 13 finds Ollie back enjoying life in Tukwila. Thanks for all the updates. I'm glad you were able to go to the concert for a little break!

Susan said...

Sarah that's funny I was thinking the same thing. I saw more than one person trying not to glance our direction. Ha, ha. I was trying to talk quietly.

I'm so glad it's not sleep apnea! Hopefully his nighttime sats will come up before you go home so you don't have to worry about that.

Poor little guy needs a break from the hospital. And so do you all, of course.

Margie said...

WoW! Sarah you're amazing! I'm humbled every time I read your upbeat posts about this incredibly trying time in your life. We're praying for you all.

Hilary said...

Hi Sarah and Eric! I am thinking of you during this challenging time. My heart goes out to you and your family. If you need anything do not hesitate to call.